This is my project of documenting food during my study in UK 2012/13 under Chevening Scholarship. Many friends have requested me to do this and I think it's a great project to pick up. Who says study abroad means instant noodles, fast food restaurants and eating out all the time? Who says that it has to be fancy, expensive and time consuming.... hehehe... let's break that with a little bit of TLC from your own kitchen.

Enjoy!

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Tuna and Veggie Spagetti



OK.. Still in the mood for spaghetti. Thanks to Masak Bareng Yuuk! Pasta Edition... Well... I still have quite a stock of Spaghetti so why not. The day I made this was I was busy studying for one of my quiz day. Then I realized it was already past lunch time. I went to the kitchen and realized I forgot to cook my rice this morning aaaaaand I ran out of bread. Fruits were not really my options... I am tired and hungry. I want something filling, satisfying and quick. I reached for the spaghetti and decided to throw a cheat-bolognesse (a.k.a  the instant packets) but alas! it was also gone....

So I decided to make do with what ever I have. I quickly round up everything I think can work when I saw the canned tuna... AHA! this might work.... we shall see...

Honestly... it taste divine and takes only 10 minutes... well OK 15 mins to make and serve

To serve 1 (2 portions)

Ingredients:
1 handful of spaghetti -use any other pasta shape you want... it doesn't matter I think.
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 medium garlic, crushed then finely chopped
2 tbsp Onion, chopped
1 small carrot - Diced small
4 cherry tomatoes - cut to quaters
2 tbsp salted butter
1 tsp ground white pepper
a bunch of flat leaves parsley - chopped
2 tbsp Canned tuna - drained from the oil or water or brine and flaked

Directions:
  1. Boil water in a pan for the spaghetti. 
  2. Meanwhile, prepare the carrot, tomatoes, parsley and tuna
  3. When the water boils, add the salt and olive oil then bring the spaghetti in. I break the long spaghetti in half before putting them in boil water. 
  4. Then heat the butter on a separate pan / wok, add the Onion and garlic. Saute until soft and fragrant
  5. Bring the carrot in... followed by tomatoes add the ground white pepper. I do not add anymore salt because the butter is already salty. Let it cook for a while. I like my tomatoes to be slightly wilted to retain the warm fresh taste of tomatoes.
  6. The spaghetti usually need about 7 - 8 minutes to be Al-dente (my husband taught me this)... or get a piece of the spaghetti and throw to the wall... if it sticks it's done... or... my way... pinch the spaghetti... it is the level of tenderness I want... then it is done
  7. Drain the spaghetti and bring back to its pan . Add the sauteed carrot and tomatoes in the pan together with the cooked spaghetti. 
  8. Mix together. Add the chooped parsley then the flaked canned tuna..
  9. All is good and ready to serve!

This will also be my entry to Masak Bareng Yuuk! (Let's Cook Together) Sept-Oct Edition on Pasta!!!

Entry requirement in English click here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...