This is my project of documenting food during my study in UK 2012/13 under Chevening Scholarship. Many friends have requested me to do this and I think it's a great project to pick up. Who says study abroad means instant noodles, fast food restaurants and eating out all the time? Who says that it has to be fancy, expensive and time consuming.... hehehe... let's break that with a little bit of TLC from your own kitchen.

Enjoy!

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Quick and Easy Spagheti Bolognesse


First of all I wanted to say that... it is OK to use those Packets of bolognesse sauce... they make life much easier, don't they? As for me I have a bit of time while taking  a break from my readings and fix myself a nice solo lunch. Below recipe might not be the authentic bolognesse recipe but it is good enough for me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 Onion, finely chopped 
  • 1 Garlic, Crushed
  • 1 cup Diced Chicken, You can use left overs or any other meat you like... Usually it is with Mince meat.
  • 1 carrot, diced small
  • 1/2 cup tomato paste, I use the Indonesian Tomato Ketchup
  • 4 Cherry Tomatoes, diced small
  • 1 tbsp Basil, the dried one
  •  Salt and pepper to taste
  •  A handful of Grated Cheddar Cheese to sprinkle
  • A handful of Spaghetti
Directions:
  1.  Heat butter then add Chopped Onion and Garlic. Sautee until soft and fragrant
  2. Add the chicken and carrot
  3. Add the diced cherry tomatoes and tomato paste 
  4. Then add basil salt and pepper
  5. Add a bit of water to let the carrot and chicken cooked through
  6. Final taste and its done. I usually add a dash of sugar to enhance the flavor.
On a separate Pan, boil water about 3 cups. When it is boiled add the spaghetti.Timed it for 7 minutes... usually that is the time when the Spaghetti is Al-dente... cooked and firm and not mushy.
Strain the cooked spaghetti then add it to the sauce. Stir together that bolognesse sauce coats the spaghetti entirely.

Serve on a plate. Sprinkle the grated cheese... Enjoy

------ This will also be my entry for Masak Bareng Yuuk! September - OCtober Edition on PASTA!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...